Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm Thankful For . . .

Lilly woke up last night with a croupy cough. It's never good for kids to be sick but fortunately I was still awake and could take care of her without stumbling around in a half asleep state. I took her into the bathroom and ran a steamy shower. It calmed her quickly and then she insisted on a bath. After her bath, she got dressed in her cozy, footy jammies and snuggled with me in my bed. I read her the entire stack of Little Critter, Berenstain Bears, Maisy and Spot books. Finally, with some Vicks Vapor Rub on her chest and the humidifier running in her bedroom, she went back to bed and slept the rest of the night.

I sometimes have a hard time getting a chance to cuddle with just one child at a time. Someone else is always trying to push the other one off my lap as they battle for my attention. Last night, it was really very nice to just have some quiet time with Lilly. She's so darling and sweet.

Lilly loves to draw. She loves all farm animals but pigs are her favorite. She has such a funny way of talking and she regularly cracks us up. She knows that she's funny and she is always trying to make her siblings laugh.

For a long time she has referred to my parents as "Grampa and Grampa". We always assumed that she heard the difference but she couldn't say it (she can't pronounce her own name). But then at dinner the other night we were talking about going to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. Lilly has been counting down the days and she commmented, "I can't wait to see the Daddy Grampa and the Mommy Grampa."

I am so thankful for my silly Lilly -- my middle princess.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is really beautiful! We have one here, too, with asthma. Praying for your little one to get better really fast.

Kerri said...

Why don't blogs just have a like button? "LOVE IT!"

Jen said...

I have to admit, out of all your kids (who I love) she has a special little spot in my heart.