Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm Thankful For . . .

My in-laws came by this afternoon with take-out. I say "came by" so casually, but it really takes them an hour in good traffic to get to my house. The fish and chips were delicious but it was especially nice not to have to cook tonight. (All moms know the value of this. Am I right?) They also brought Utah Dad Volumes Four and Five of The Children of Promise series so I don't have to listen to him whine about having to wait.

I have fabulous in-laws. They're always doing such sweet and thoughtful things for us. My children ADORE them. I've known that I was especially blessed ever since I first started dating Utah Dad and met them. Next year they will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. They are examples to me of overcoming difficulties and focusing on the positive to succeed. I also value their friendship.


I love them both and I am so very grateful for my mother and father-in-law.


1 comment:

AMY said...

Beautiful pictures!