Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Thankful for . . .

Sunday morning while I was getting ready for church a thought popped into my head: "The entire family is healthy. It's been awhile since we've been sick." Amberly complained of a sore throat and an ear ache two weeks ago and Utah Dad stayed home from church with her. She rallied quickly and went back to school the next morning. Other than that, it's been quite awhile since we've had sickness in our home.

Knock on wood.

By the time we sat down on a pew at church, Lilly was complaining that her "nose was bugging her". By the time we got home from church she had a runny nose and has been stuffy and yucky and extremely whiney since. I woke up with a sore throat this morning.

I do hate the common cold. They're just plain miserable. However, it could be a lot worse. Today, that scratching feeling in the back of my throat is reminding me that I am basically healthy. We are a generally healthy family. And I'm very grateful.

Today, I'm thankful for my health.

No comments: