Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When I was five:

I loved kindergarten and drawing pictures. Nothing was better than a new box of crayons and a big pack of blank paper.
I liked kittens and horses.
I only had three brothers then and really really wanted a sister.
I thought boys were gross.
Man, life was simple.






When I was fifteen:

I was a sophomore in high school.
I had braces.
I was just starting to get boobs.
I was definitely very geeky.
I liked to sing and play basketball.
I read  Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice and A Farewell to Arms. *sigh*
I was pretty boy crazy.

(I thought maybe I had conveniently lost this picture, but then, I found it. Hmmm.)


When I was twenty-five:

I had been married to Utah Dad for four years.
I was living in New Hampshire and spent my weekends exploring New England.
I liked my job and got to travel a lot.
I got to dress up but I still didn't have any style.
I was obsessed with scrapbooking and wanted to open my own store.
I got to work with the young women.
I prayed for a baby every day.

(I've had braces again since then.)


Now I am thirty-five: (as of today, I can no longer say that I'm in my "early thirties")

I am the stay-at-home mom of five darling children.
I am a wife.
I own a cute, little home in the middle of nowhere, Utah.
I spend my days doing laundry, washing dishes, singing lullabies, kissing boo boos, and giving hugs.
I am training a puppy.
I am a photographer.
I am obsessed with books and blogs.
I work in the nursery.
I pray for my babies every day.

6 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun post! Happy Birthday :) You are a great mom and such a great keeper of this blog. I love to read it. I miss getting to see you every once in a while.
Hope you have a fantastic day!
Jen

Rheanna said...

Happy Birthday Cindy!!!!!

Alyson | New England Living said...

Happy birthday! I love this post and all the cute photos! :)

Adam and Brynn said...

This is such a cute post! I love it. :) Happy Birthday!

Stine said...

What a great idea! Happy Birthday Cindi. It looks like things just keep getting better.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! Love this post. I'm so glad you dug up all those pictures.