Friday, March 15, 2019

Library App




Guys, I got a library card.

This shouldn't be surprising. I'm a book lover. All book lovers have library cards. Right?!

Long story short, I haven't checked out a book from a library in so many years that I can't quite remember the last time. **Cringing**

But I moved to New Hampshire and I happened to move to the town with the first tax-supported "free" public library in the world. It was built in 1833. I mean, how cool is that? And I was even brave and pulled up my introvert boot straps and went to a book club meeting at the library last October. (Through a long series of fortunate and unfortunate events I haven't been back yet, but I will.)

Anyway, I also got a library card and with the library card I got access to the app. My library uses Hoopla. And it has blessed my little world. Because I am addicted to audio books. I listen to them almost constantly during the day while my kiddos are at school. I listen to them while I'm getting ready for my day. I listen to them while I'm driving through the woods on my way to the school or the grocery store. I listen to them while I'm cleaning. I listen to them while I'm folding laundry or even when I'm just laying around.

Hoopla has a fairly good selection of audio books and ebooks. What I love most is that I'm finding books that have been on my TBR list for years and some of the newer releases. And, you know, they're free.

And last week, my mom got a library card too.







No comments: