Friday, August 9, 2013

Heather Frost - Utah Book Month - Author Spotlight

Even though I rarely read books from the YA genre, I have been hearing a lot of buzz about Heather Frost. It probably helps that her cousin and a big fan is one of my neighbors and a regular attendee at the monthly book club that I host. Once I found out I would be spotlighting Heather Frost for Utah Book Month, I gave my friend a call. She tracked down the copy of Seers that she had already loaned out to another friend and within a day I had it in my hands. Unfortunately, because of hectic schedules and traveling, I haven't been able to read it yet.


Heather Frost was born in Sandy, Utah. She is the second oldest in a family ten children. Her parents chose to home school her. She is very grateful for their sacrifices and for the relationships she has with her family. She plays the flute. She has always loved reading and writing. She worked as a writing tutor during her years at Snow College. Now she is pursuing a BS degree in English.




Seers was published in 2011 by Sweetwater Books and Demons the next year. Both received rave reviews.

Seers

From Heather's websiteWhen Kate Bennett survived the car accident that claimed her parents' lives, she knew her world would be forever changed. But her life is more dramatically altered than she first realized. Not only is she able to see “mood auras” on the people around her, she's even started seeing invisible people with no colors at all. And no matter how attractive the new addition to her American Lit class is, Kate sees what no one else can—the dangerous truths this mysterious man threatens to pour into her life.
Patrick O'Donnell was killed in the Irish Revolution in 1798. He's here now to try and keep Kate alive, and stop her life from spinning out of control. The one thing he's not going to do is fall in love with her. But plans change, especially when Demons are involved . . .
Kate is about to enter the world of Seers; where immortals are at war with each other, and unfortunate mortals like Kate are in over their heads.

"The ending was wonderful and I think that I do see a sequel on the horizon, but nothing has been mentioned as of yet. Fans of Twilight will love this book due to the romance itself. I sure did!" - Nightly Reading

Demons

From Heather's websitePatrick O’Donnell 
May 10, 1797
Wexford County, Ireland
My lower back was beginning to ache. I’d been hunched over far too long, but I wasn’t about to move just yet. I was finally getting it right. The shading wasn’t too dark around her eyes, and the gentle planes of her small face were sloped almost to perfection.
This in itself would have been reason enough for me not to move. I was a painter—sketching had never come easily to me. When I worked with paints, it required no thought. The canvas called to me, guiding my strokes. The art of drawing was an entirely different experience, however. I would agonize over every line, second-guess every mark I tried to make. Sometimes I enjoyed the challenge, while at other times I had to force myself through every second. Today was surely a mixture of both.

"The climax of this book is a gripping page turner, and the epilogue had me shocked, it BLEW ME AWAY." - LDS Women's Book Review


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely spotlight! It sounds like I need to track down a copy of SEERS too.

Jessica @ Books: A true story said...

These books look so cool! I love supernatural books. I'm so glad you featured Heather because I hadn't heard of these books before.

Angela's Anxious Life said...

Great post!!! So fun that she got her books published. I can't wait to see your review!

Suey said...

This one is on my list to read this month. Here's hoping I get to it!

Cindy C Bennett said...

I've read Heather's books and they're amazing! Once you get time to read Seers, you're going to be glad you did.