Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op

After weeks of hearing my friends tell me how much they LOVE Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op, I finally remembered to order a basket this week. This morning my friends Kerri and Annie and I went to volunteer and get our baskets of produce.

In spite of waking up at the abnormal hour of six a.m. after a night of being crawled on by an unsettled Molly, I had fun this morning. My muscles are a bit sore now from carrying the boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables from the truck but I am so looking forward to enjoying all the yummy, healthy foods this week.

I paid $15 for a basket plus a first time cost of $3 something. The offerings are different from week to week but today I got:

6 bananas
1 cantaloupe
2 coconuts
9 apples
13 apricots
1 bag of red grapes
2 heads of broccoli
1 head of Romaine lettuce
1 bunch of celery
10 small red potatoes
1 bag of green beans
5 tomatoes

Because I was there early to volunteer, I also got extra potatoes, tomatoes and apples. I wish I had added on the Mexi-pack. That looked great.

When the kids and Utah Dad woke up (they were all still peacefully slumbering when I got home), they were especially excited for the coconuts. I don't exactly buy fresh coconuts on a regular basis. We got right to work: cracking open the shells; saving the precious milk; and shredding the meat. I think I better make a batch of my cousin Jen's famous and delicious cookies.

Be sure to check out Bountiful Baskets. They probably have a drop off site near you too. I'll definitely be going back next week.

7 comments:

Rheanna said...

Glad you finally joined in the excitement!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Kate Weber said...

Oooh! I love Jen's cookies. Lucky to have her as a sister! :) But the idea of fresh coconut in them. Sounds fabulous!

Tara L. said...

Fun! We have Bouniful Baskets here too. I usually go every other week.

Brimhalls said...

Glad you liked it! The Mexican pack is great. I also like the whole wheat bars--very healthy, and they taste pretty good too. The bread is great...love it all.

Rich Pinnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Have you heard about Quality Farm Foods or do you know anything about them?

Anonymous said...

Is there some way you can include a phone number on your site? I get calls all the time for your company and since my company name is The Bountiful Basket, I am in California and have nothing to do with Bountifulbasket.org, I would like to get these calls to you. Please call me with your information.
Thank you,
Marilyn
The Bountiful Basket
909-425-2203
www.thebountifulbasket.com