Friday, December 5, 2008

Sandra Boynton

If you're a mom of toddlers/preschoolers/children and you're not already familiar with Sandra Boynton's adorable books, you are definitely missing out (and maybe not on our planet). My kids and I *LOVE* Sandra. Her illustrations are darling and her writing is poetic, ironic and funny.

My kids and I and even my husband especially enjoy her music. Her lyrics are hilarious and endearing and the music is great. The songs are performed by professional entertainers such as Kevin Bacon, Meryl Streep, Allison Kraus and Hootie and the Blowfish. We love to get up and boogie to "Philadelphia Chickens" and rock out to "Dog Train". You can find these and her latest book/CD at any local book store. And don't forget to check out Sandra Boynton's website.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We love Sandra Boynton too. Her songs are REALLY funny. My kids like to listen to "Pajama time" right before bed, but it does tend to get them all riled up.