Monday, October 19, 2009

Pom Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice


As the healthy benefits of  pomegranates become more well known to our health-conscious society we've started to see the trendy fruit pop up in everything from cereal to soda. While it will take more than the addition of pomegranate to convince me that soda is good for me, POM Wonderful is the real deal. The pomegranate juice that comes packaged in these adorable little bottles is 100% pomegranate juice from happy "Wonderful" pomegranates grown in California.

The lovely people from Pom Wonderful sent me a box containing eight bottles of their pure Pom Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice last week. I have to admit my immediate infatuation with the bottles. They are too cute and I have a weakness for cuteness. I would have drank the first one right then if I had been able to get it open without the assistance of my strong husband.

While I waited for him to be able to help me, I read the enclosed information. The brochure listed some of the clinical research on the healthy benefits of Pom Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice. I read words such as "cardiovascular health", "prostate health", and "erectile function" and decided to make my husband drink it. I would sacrifice for his health.



I did drink one bottle and he drank the other seven--one bottle of Pom Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice each day for a week. Honestly, he didn't immediately love the tartness (I often tease him about his wimpy taste buds) but the taste grew on him and he didn't mind it by the end of the week. I personally enjoyed the taste and would compare it to 100% cranberry juice.

While I believe that it would take more regular and longer consumption to really be able to detect medical changes in his cardiovascular and prostate health, he did claim to have more energy last week and his digestive health seemed improved (we don't really want to discuss that--let's just say any improvement is good). It's also loaded with antioxidants.

Enjoy the healthy benefits of pomegranates the pure way. In Utah, Pom Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice can be purchased at Smith's, Harmon's, Albertsons and Wild Oats.


No comments: