Monday, November 12, 2007

Whiney Ears

This morning as I was fixing breakfast for my children, my four year old daughter's mouth was moving but I couldn't hear a word she was saying. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and then suddenly I remembered.

"I'm sorry, darling. I forgot to renew the subscription for my whiney ears. I can't hear any whiney voices any more," I told her. She looked at me like I was crazy. Her lips kept moving and her brow was furrowed but still I couldn't hear anything. It was lovely.

About five minutes later, she came to me and in a very pleasant voice asked "May I have some Frosted Flakes and milk please?" I heard every word.

"Wow! You used a really nice voice. I could actually hear and understand you. Thank you," I said.

My husband, observing the situation, thought this was wonderful. "Be careful," I told him, "my subscription for complaining ears runs out next week."

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

Just came across your blog and clicked through the archives to this post - I always love to see where peoples blogs began! :-) This made me laugh out loud! Will have to try and remember it for when my little guy gets older (and for hubby too! Hee hee!).
Am going to go read some of your new posts now...! Take care,
Chantelle