Monday, August 5, 2013

August Bookish Fun

I've been so busy that I haven't posted for weeks! I will eventually post about some of our adventures in the next days when life settles down (haha! as if).

Briefly, I wanted to let you know about some August book fun that I will be participating in. First, some of my Twitter book friends and I decided to dedicate the month to reading from our huge book stacks instead of buying new books. We're all admittedly bookaholics and we have trouble resisting the purchase of a new book. I tend to buy more books than I can ever read. So, for this month, I'm just reading from the piles I already own. I have plenty of choices. We lovingly refer to it as Conquering the Book Stacks and use #ctbs on Twitter. Feel free to join in the discussion.



It is also Utah Book Month. During the month of August we will be celebrating the many Utah authors and book bloggers. I will be spotlighting a few on the blog in the coming weeks and there are many other events happening on other Utah Book Blogs. Check out Utah Books for the schedule and links.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the link back to all your book shelves. I am enjoying picking some older titles I've been wanting to read...more to come! I'm also working on The Perfume Collector...just rec'd last week!!
Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Utah Book Month. We're so excited to have you participate!