Friday, December 14, 2012

My Favorite Books of 2012

I am no where near reaching my reading goals for 2012. I have plenty of excuses but the fact remains that I have not read as many books as I generally do or like to. However, as I was going over the list of books that I did read in 2012 there is something that is very obvious.

I am clearly drawn to and enjoy a certain kind of book more than others. Of the books that I rated five stars, the majority were rip-your-heart-out historical fiction novels.

Since my reading list is shorter than usual, my favorite books list is also shorter than usual. Here are a few of my very favorites that were also published in 2012--in no particular order :



The Healing by Jonathan Odell

You can read my review **here**.



In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner

You can read my review **here**.




The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian

You can read my review **here**.


Perla by Carolina De Robertis

You can read my review **here**.

Honorable Mention :












1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm nowhere close to reaching my reading goal (200 books - I'm at 150 :(), but I did read some good ones this year. I haven't read any of these that you mentioned, although I've not added most of them to my TBR list. Thanks for the recommendations!