Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Clue

As parents we start to perfect many jobs : taxi driver, chef, janitor, nurse (you're familiar with the list). Among these many occupations, we also get to hone our skills as detectives. Utah Dad and I make a pretty good team. He, especially, has a talent for the interrogation.

Case Study:
Tuesday, April 19th
6:45 p.m.

Me: (Playing the bad cop--which comes naturally) Who squeezed all the tooth paste in the bathroom sink?
(Neil and Amberly drop what they're doing and go running into the bathroom to see the Ramona-style mess, thus building their case of innocence.)
Thomas: (remaining in the loft) Not me. I didn't do it.
Utah Dad: How many squirts of toothpaste is it?
Thomas: Six.

With one simple answer the culprit was caught red handed (cinnamon flavored toothpaste); apprehended, tried and sentenced to cleaning up the mess and then going straight to bed.

10 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

So funny! I liked Utah Dad's fact finding technique. I am so successful of a detective yet. I'll have to remember this for future cases. :)

Megan said...

I remember when Ramona did that!

Shilo said...

AWESOME!!!
You've got to teach me some of your tricks!

Brimhalls said...

Good work! I love the "case study". Very fun to read.

Julie said...

That is some impressive detective work. Must remember that one!

Saimi said...

Ha! Love it!! So simple yet effective! Bravo!

Unknown said...

I am beginning to think the problem is that my 3 kids (at 8, 5, 4) are just smarter than me ... I think I'm doomed when the teenage years hit.

Rheanna said...

That's just too funny! I love it!

Mom of 12 said...

I love this! Over the years I've gotten much better at narrowing down the suspects...they never really expect to get caught. With so many kids it's easy to hide at our house.
Sandy
www.twelvemakesadozen.blogspot.com

Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop! said...

Hysterical!!! I adore the disinterest in his own handy-work!