Monday, July 22, 2019

The Golden Hour - Book Review


A big thank you to William Morrow and Harper Collins Publishers 
for a complimentary copy of The Golden Hour.


In the early years of World War II, Lulu Randolph has been assigned to report on the comings and goings of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. The glamorous couple have captured the world's attention and all the gossip magazines after he gave up the throne of England to marry the divorcee Wallis Simpson. Recently widowed, Lulu is thrilled to move to Nassau. It's a fresh start for her and a plum assignment covering the rich and famous.

But things in the Bahamas aren't just elegant parties in a tropical paradise. Lulu begins to unravel the dangerous secrets of espionage, bad financial deals and murder all while falling in love with the brilliant Benedict Thorpe, botanist and possible spy.

I enjoy Beatriz Williams's novels. They all involve lots of layers to the plot and stories that weave together in surprising and wonderful ways. Her newest novel, The Golden Hour is the same. It has delicious story telling with epic love stories and loads of intrigue and danger. They're all a little fantastical but I admit that I fall for the romance.

Like her other books, The Golden Hour has split timelines with two distinct stories weaving together at the end. Sometimes the back and forth is exhausting for me as a reader and I can only read the novel in stretches of time before I need a break. I just can't sprint through her novels even when I'm completely enjoying them. I especially reveled in the closer look at the Windsors.

The Golden Hour delivered just what I wanted and expected from a Beatriz Williams novel.

The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams is published by William Morrow and released on July 9, 2019.





1 comment:

Ashley said...

Love Beatriz Williams!