All day I've been seeing these fun blog posts where people have listed their
top ten favorite books of the year so far.
It's part of the linky from The Broke and the Bookish. I don't usually do this kind of thing but I thought I'd play along today. It was actually harder than I thought to pick my favorite top ten list--there are a lot of good ones this year. The following list is made up of books that I read in 2014. Some were published this year and others weren't.
1. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker -- read my review *here*
2. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes -- read my review *here*
3. Wonder by R.J. Palacio -- I read it for book club and while it's intended audience is children, I think it is a valuable, beautiful read for people of all ages.
4. Still Life with Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen -- read my review *here*
5. The Wife, The Maid and the Mistress by Ariel Lawhon -- read my review *here*
6. Wake by Anna Hope -- read my review *here*
7. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin -- read my review *here*
8. Gemini by Carol Cassella -- read my review *here*
9. The Steady Running of the Hour by Justin Go -- read my review *here*
10. The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams -- read my review *here*
It's been such a great reading year that I just had to make it 11. Because how could I forget China Dolls by Lisa See? Read my review *here*