Friday, August 31, 2012

Off to Kindergarten

The older kids are starting to settle into their school routine. The bus is finally starting to be more reliable for Neal. This week Lilly started kindergarten. Monday night she reminded us that she would need a backpack. Of course, she would. I had been so busy getting everyone else ready for school earlier that I had completely forgotten to get her a backpack. "Get me a Hello Kitty backpack" she instructed as Utah Dad and I headed to the store.

The cute Hello Kitty backpacks were too small. The only other Hello Kitty backpack was made of clear plastic. Since I know what the insides of my kids backpacks looks like after a few months of snacks and papers being shoved inside, I knew immediately that the clear backpack would not work. Instead, Lilly ended up with a gigantic backpack and a Hello Kitty clip. She was satisfied even though it was amusing to watch my tiny girl lug her huge backpack to school.



Lilly has enjoyed her time at school and she has a darling teacher. However, on Wednesday morning when it was time to get ready to go, she protested. "I want to stay home and play Barbies." It was a short argument and she now seems resigned to her new schedule.


Since Lilly is gone in the morning at school, Molly, Utah Dad and I are at home alone. Lilly and Molly have lately become such good playmates and they've never really been a part. I was worried that Molly would miss Lilly terribly. Actually, Molly is rather enjoying her time alone with her parents. Now I'm worried she enjoys being the "baby" just a little too much. This is her argument every time we work on potty training. Little stinker.

I, however, miss Lilly so much. It's hard to believe she is really old enough to go to school. She was born after we moved into our current home and it's fun to see all the other babies that were born that year too at school now. It's crazy how fast they grow up.

(By the way, isn't it interesting the different color light you can get on the same day. These two pictures are taken from two separate directions.)



No comments: