Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Witch of Blackbird Pond - Book Review



The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare has been on my to-read list since I was a child. I don't know why I haven't read it before. As we were thinking about what book we should choose to read for our neighborhood book club, I was reminded of this novel. It is October, after all, and what would be better than a book about [supposed] witches?

Apparently, it was a good book club choice because more than the usual number of women have actually read the book this month. I, for one, am looking forward to discussing the book with them when we meet next week and will keep my review here short and sweet.

I liked it. A lot. It is just the kind of book I hope to encourage my children to read and love.

No comments: